Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I know a student who may need to be referred to the CARE team?

If you have a referral, please contact the CARE Team by completing the online reporting form:


Phone: (215) 204-7188

Does consultation with the CARE Team require the student's knowledge and participation?

No, it does not. There may be times when a student has left your office or classroom, is not yet aware of your concerns, or is not receptive to support. It is still possible to consult or refer the studeny to the CARE Team. We can work collaboratively to determine the best alternative for engaging the studeny in appropriate intervention.

Who can make a CARE referral?

Anyone who feels that a student is in need of help or assistance can make a referral to the CARE team. 

What happens after I make the referral? What happens to the student in the CARE process?

The student you refer will be given the support and assistance they need by University and community resources. Click here to learn more.

What do I need to know about FERPA and Emergency Notifications?

Information on these topics can be found Click here (FERPA) and Click here (Emergency Notifcations). 

How do I know if it is a CARE issue or if it is more appropriately handled by other campus resources?

If you see physical, emotional, or academic signs that can threaten the safety or the wellbeing of the university community, the behavior is considered a CARE referral. If you are unsure whether a behavior should be referred, please contact the CARE Team to discuss the circumstances. 

Will the student know the source of the referral?

Through conversation with a student often the source of the referral becomes apparent or may be questioned. If this is the case, the student will know the source of the referral. While this may be a concern, full disclosure aids in the health, safety, and transparency for the student involved. If you have additional concerns regarding confidentiality, please contact us.